Have you recently had a home inspection completed or are you getting ready to purchase a home and don’t understand the inspection report? A certified electrician at ElectricMan can help you figure out exactly what the inspector found and what it all means. Having your home inspection deciphered by ElectricMan can save you time, money and a lot of stress.
Here are some examples of the most common home wiring problems that a certified electrician can remedy:
- Outdated meter base and riser
- Outdated/Unsafe electrical breaker box
- Oversized fuses or breakers
- Double-tapped circuits
- Improper outdoor wiring
- Improperly spliced wires
- Incorrectly wired receptacles
- No ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) around all outdoor, garage, kitchen and bathroom areas
- Inoperable or missing smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- Wires resting on ductwork or pipes
- Frayed, brittle, melted or chewed wiring insulation that is a safety hazards
- Any ungrounded old style wiring from the 1920s or earlier
These problems may be eyesores, or perhaps you don’t notice them at all, but almost all of them can be hazardous and require immediate attention by a certified electrician. Before you start worrying about your latest home inspection and get knee-deep in all the repairs at once, ElectricMan can help you decode each project and give you a quote on needed repairs. Remember, it’s about your family’s safety, so it’s always best you pick your electrician based on the quality of work and his reputation rather than letting the seller pick the repairman.
If you suspect your home is subject to some of these problems, or for help interpreting your home inspection contact a certified electrician at ElectricMan today. ElectricMan is a trusted, local Dallas electrician with 27 years of experience. For more information visit the ElectricMan website and don’t forget to ‘like’ us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.